pootler's blog hop | watercolour wedding card & video tutorial

28 February 2015



Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I am joining in with the Pootler's Blog Hop organised by the lovely Hannah. I should explain that I am a member of Sam at Pootles's Stampin Up! team.

We are *hopping* today to celebrate the Spring/Summer Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration eventIf you are missing any Stampin' Up! catalogues please complete this form and I will ensure that you get copies.

I am sharing this card as part of the blog hop ~





And I turned on my camera to film whilst creating it so I also have a full video tutorial too.


Watch here or at YouTube, remember to watch in HD and also give me a thumbs up if you would like to see more videos from me.





For this card I used the Your Perfect Day/Jour Parfait stamp set, I used this before and I love it, it is so versatile. It is available in wood, clear or photopolymer. It is also available in French (as I have it) and German ~


Here is a close up of the watercolouring around the embossed resist sentiment and image ~


Here are my Stampin' Up supplies ~


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




I will be having a giveaway on my blog next week too so be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' or your favourite blog reader and *like* my Facebook page so as not to miss that :)


Thanks for joining me today, the next stop on your *hop* is ~

If you are jumping into the middle be sure to hop backwards here ~




Have a great weekend.x



If you enjoyed this project please use the code BCXXCDWY to support me (this code should be entered in the box that reads *Do you have a hostess code?* on the Stampin' Up! checkout page). All hostess codes correctly entered will earn a free gift direct from me. If you use this code and your order is at least £120/150€ excluding shipping I will send you a free *make and take kit* of my choice. If your order is over £150/200€, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the Rewards. Learn more about the code here.


I have recently added a page to the blog at the top (in English) (pour rejoingez mon équipe click ici) about joining my Stampin' Up! team. You should read this recent post about all the benefits. If you would like to join me and my team during the Sale-A-Bration event (ends 31 March 2015) in addition to the free items from Stampin' Up! that you can choose on joining, I will also send you a Sweetheart Punch as a welcome gift and a thank you from me.


50 comments:

  1. Very attractive card..love the watercolor effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice watercolor technique. like the strawberry cake.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this resist techique and have tried once before, I may have to have another go. This card is quiet lovely
    Sue Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a beautiful card! And it is fun to see all these different ideas! Love, Daggi Mosler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your cards...they are stunning
    Linda L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfull card.
    Like the colours you have used and thank you for the video, I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well after all the trying I'm just leaving this comment under Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. Keep on stampin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Beautiful. I have to try watercolour technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to have a go at this, it looks lovely! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wedding card is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your video!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Sarah, it has such a Victorian look to it, so soft and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such wonderful art work and a beautiful card. Love the velum behind. It really is an exquisite card Sarah. Just one question if I may - I see you used water colour paint, would this work the same with SU ink or would the technique need to be done a little differently? Many thanks Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda. I think it could work if you squished your ink pad onto an acrylic block and then added water with a brush to that and then added the colour to your already wet watercolour paper.x

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sarah - will give this a try.

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh Sarah...what a love card! I Haven't had much luck with embossing in the past, this card has inspired me!
    Thank you Sarah S

    ReplyDelete
  16. thought I'd left a comment but can't find it. so I'll comment now.

    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card...elegant and stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The watercolor ing and stitching are beautiful added touches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty color combination. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty and really enjoyed the music. However I love your accent too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty colors. ...hopping along...
    Kathy (cards_by_kp)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your water color technique is beautiful. What are you using to pretreat you surface?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Karen, what do you mean by pretreat? the first thing i put down before the paint is just water, and i use watercolour card stock.x

      Delete
    2. Such a pretty effect, love it

      Delete
  25. So clean & fresh looking love the colours & the technique it's a great card

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really beautiful. You do an amazing job water coloring. I love your colors. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, thanks so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card. I love the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your watercolor on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card. Nice colours. Enjoyed seeing the French version of the stamp set. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this technique, works beautifully on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the colors and the softness of the background on the cake card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. J'aime ças beaucoup, beaucoup! I have a niece's wedding coming up, and this is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card and love the watercolor. Makes such a soft and elegant design

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card! I love that cake design and your beautiful water color! My daughter just got engaged, so I see this set as something I'd really love to have!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for taking part in our first blog hop! planning the next one as I type!
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |