happy valentine's day | watercolour masking

14 February 2015

Hello and welcome to my blog. Happy Valentine's Day! I have a couple of cards to show today that I created using the masked watercolour hearts technique shown by Kristina Werner recently.

This technique uses Distress Inks but I am sure you could try it with re-inkers but you will not get the *watermark* effect as shown here. This is because Distress Inks are designed to reactivate each time water is added.

Here is the first card ~


By using the Drawing Gum/Liquid Fisket you can create a strong outline for the watercolouring. If you haven't any Drawing Gum you could try just wetting the paper where you will apply the ink and this will produce a more softer effect.

I drew a heart using one of the Heart Collection Framelits and my sentiment comes from the Toi plus Moi stamp set from Stampin' Up!, which you can also get in English here and the sentiment reads *you're sweet*. My sentiment translates as *you make me melt*, which I just love.

Here is a close up ~


I have used clear embossing powder over the top of my black ink to really make the sentiment stand out.

My second card uses a sentiment from Neat & Tangled ~


This one uses more traditional Valentine colours, but I also like the rainbow effect on the first card. 

Here are both cards together, which one is your favourite?


Have a great weekend. We are all off work and school next week so I will be spending some time with my family so the blog posts may be a little sparse and I apologise in advance!

If you enjoyed this project please use the code AGFTDDS7 to support me (this code should be entered in the box that reads *Do you have a hostess code?* on the Stampin' Up! checkout page). All hostess codes correctly entered will earn a free gift direct from me. If you use this code and your order is at least £120/150€ excluding shipping I will send you a free *make and take kit* of my choice. If your order is over £150/200€, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the Rewards. Learn more about the code here.

I have recently added a page to the blog at the top (in English) (pour rejoingez mon équipe click ici) about joining my Stampin' Up! team. If you would like to join me and my team during the Sale-A-Bration event (ends 31 March 2015) in addition to the free items from Stampin' Up! that you can choose on joining, I will also send you a Sweetheart Punch as a welcome gift and a thank you from me.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards!! love the water colours and that drawing gum sounds intriguing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. You're very talented. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |