wherever you go ... | MTDS August challenge

10 August 2014

Hello and happy weekend! Today I am showing a card that I made for the Make the Day Special August challenge. This month's challenge is a colour challenge and here is my card ~


I based my card around colour palette A. 

First I took a piece of Neenah solar white card stock and masked off an area around the edge. Then I used my distress inks and mini blending tools to create a sunset background and water in the foreground.

MaketheDaySpecial stock MamaElephant products and I used their products to create the scene on my card. First I used the cityscape stamp from the Central Park set,  stamped in Ranger Archival black ink. Over the top of this I added a piece of vellum cut with the Femme Frames die (shortened to fit the card). Onto this I stamped the bridge die from the Sightseeing set in versamark ink and heat embossed it in Ranger Liquid Platinum. I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed this with Hero Arts white embossing powder. Lastly I stamped and die cut the bus and added it to the scene with dimensional adhesive.

I really enjoyed this challenge, I love the colours and a chance to play with my distress inks :) 

Thanks for looking and have a great day.x

3 comments:

  1. I really like this that layer of vellum works perfectly :) Great card.
    Thanks so much for playing along at make the day special.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colours lend themselves to a scene like this and you executed it perfectly, The vellum overlay is a really nice touch.
    Thanks for joining us at Make the Day Special Stamp Store this month.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card- (love the colours and distress inks too)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |