Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop

25 August 2014

Today I am joining in with the Papertrey Ink August blog hop challenge. The challenge was to create something inspired by the photo on the blog. The colour scheme is white, pink and gold! Well I couldn't resist that - add in embossing and I was hooked!

Here are my cards for this challenge ~



My first card ~



For the first one I die cut a small butterfly from the Life is Beautiful set and then heat embossed it with Ranger's Liquid Platinum embossing powder. 

I then backed this with a couple more die cuts to give it dimension and adhered just the centre of the butterfly to a stitched die cut panel in Berry Sorbet and stamped a sentiment from the Ballerina Beauty stamp set. This I added to a white card base with dimensional adhesive.

My second card ~



Again I used the Life is Beautiful set (can you tell how much I love that set!). First I embossed the large butterfly on white card stock and then using Versamark ink and Ranger's Liquid Platinum embossing powder I used the outline stamp to add the details in side the butterfly's wings. I did this three times to really make the gold embossing powder stand out. 

I then added a sentiment from the Bold Bouquet set stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink. I backed this panel with a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 LemonLush paper pad by Studio Calico and then added these to a white card base.

Hope you enjoyed my cards and if you leave a comment here linking your blog I can check out your cards too :) Have a great day.x


11 comments:

  1. Lovely cards - perfect balance of color & design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards but I especially love the white impressed butterfly on the second one -

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out so well. Love that this set is so multiple purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understated elegance! So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I can't decide which one I like better :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |