voyage mini album

16 July 2014

We go on holiday on Saturday! And of course this calls for a mini album! This year I am prepared in advance and have spent the last week creating a little *roadbook* to record our travels and times whilst we are there.

Last year I kept a journal on my phone and took lots of iPhone photos but this year I am taking my Instax mini 8 and this mini.

I got the basics of construction from an article in the HS14 issue of Esprit Scrapbooking. My album uses magnetic discs from Basic Grey to open and close it.  To decorate the cover I used a gesso base and then some embossing paste and a couple of SimonSaysStamp masks. When this was dry I got out my Neocolor watercolour pencils and added some colour. To this I added a die cut and a little glassine envelope with some pastel sea inspired die cuts (dies by 4enscrap).

Here are some photos showing the details ~








So now I just have to tackle the mountain of ironing and get the bags packed! But you have to get your priorities right and scrap first! The weather promises to be glorious and I'm looking forward to bare feet in the sand!

See you when I get back.x

I'm entering this into the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge Spots & Dots

5 comments:

  1. this is fabulous. the choices made are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Sarah! Enjoy your trip and thanks so much for sharing your mini book with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,, I am really enjoying a browse through your blog, this is amazing too ! You are so talented ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |