summer's here - scream for ice cream !!!

31 July 2014

Who can resist ice cream!?! Not me and so I am joining in with the Double Click Skittles challenge number 1.

Here is my card ~




I followed a technique shown very recently by Jennifer McGuire about colouring embossing paste.  Here I used a stamp set by Clearly Besotted Stamps with Wendy Vecchi embossing paste. I used Hero Arts ink for the cone and Studio Calico inks for the ice creams. I added some Judkins iridescent sparkle on the embossing paste before it was dry and some sprinkles from the Papertrey Ink MakeitMarket kit.

I combined two sentiments by 4enscrap and Feuille de Papier, stamping them both in Versamark ink and then heat embossing with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I have added glossy accents to the cherry on the top of the ice creams and a sprinkle of sequins from Studio Calico.

I added this with foam adhesive to a purple card base from SimonSaysStamp.

Thanks for looking, finally the sun is with us today :)




6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love the colored embossing paste, I want to eat it!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yummy! The texture is awesome! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love that triple layered ice cream... You make it even delish on your card.... Thanks for joining DoubleClick Skttles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that triple scoop of yummy ice cream. Great card and thank you for sharing it with us at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.
    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. One scoop is good, but three scoops is even better! Thanks for sharing your ice cream at DoubleClick Skittles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah!! I saw Jennifer do this technique and I wanted to try it. Your ice cream really looks yummy! The texture is amazing. Awesome job. Thank you for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |