watercolour for card makers | online card classes

4 June 2014

Hi there! Don't worry I have been keeping up with my project life and will be here again later this week to post some update weeks!

Today I am showing some cards that I made whilst taking a class on watercolour for card makers. I have only just discovered card making and yes I am hooked! I really enjoyed this class and the teachers were amazing with all the techniques that we learnt. I was especially proud to win a prize for the following entry into the gallery ~


I used Tim Holtz watercolour card stock here. I stamped the background Paper Smooches stamp with Versamark ink and embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. Then I created a storm with my distress inks and added lots of water to get them to pool in the boxes. I left this to dry naturally - resisting the urge to fiddle! Then I embossed a sentiment with gold Ranger embossing powder on Vellum. The sentiment is from a set by My Favorite Things. I added this to a SimonSaysStamp Green Apple top folding card base.

I absolutely love this card and am so looking for a reason not to send it to anyone!

Here are some other cards that I completed during the class homework ~




This card was created again using distress inks but this time applying them to acrylic block and spritzing it with water before placing on the watercolour card stock. The sentiment is by Neat and Tangled.


Here I first stamped and embossed the butterflies and then ensuring there was plenty of water on the cardstock I added some Mr Huey's watercolour paints to create the soft toned background. The butterflies and sentiment are from a set by Clearly Besotted Stamps.


This card was produced for Mothers Day (which we celebrate in May in France). After scoring lines on watercolour card stock I added various distress inks and water. I die cut the butterfly from watercolour card stock and did the same technique to colour it. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted Stamps.

My final card was created following an amazing tutorial from Julie Ebersole. I just love the die from Memory Box that just cuts the wings of the butterfly! The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn ~


I just realised my last three cards all involved Butterflies! I do love them and I have my eye on another set recently released by Papertrey Ink! Anyway thanks so much for looking, hope you like my cards that I had so much fun creating and see you shortly.x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |