merci beaucoup

12 June 2014

I'm back today with an entry for this month's challenge at Make the Day Special stamps store.

Make the Day Special is based in the UK and stocks stamps and dies from Avery Elle, Lawn Fawn, Neat and Tangled and very recently Lil'Inkers. But they also stock my favourite stamps by Mama Elephant and I used these to create today's card.

First I took some Tim Holtz watercolour card stock and heat embossed in gold the stamps from the Filigree set. Then I got out my distress inks and water spritzer and created some colours on my mat and squished them onto the card. I let this dry naturally and then flicked some water on to the cardstock to create random splashes.

When my cardstock was completely dry I die cut it at an angle using the Femme Frames stitched die. I heat embossed on vellum a sentiment from Around We Go and then die cut this using the Bold Banner creative cut.

To complete the card, I added foam adhesive to the back of the watercolour piece and placed it on a top-folding Neenah Desert Storm card base.

Here is the finished card ~


Merci beaucoup for looking and to MakeTheDaySpecial for stocking some awesome stamps and dies! Have a great day.x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours you used on this stunning card.,
    Thanks for playing at make the day special.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stunning card! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a great job with those stamps - the watercolouring really makes them pop.
    Thanks for joining us again at Make the Day Special Stamp Store (and for your kind words about what we stock!)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top notch embossing gone on here!! Love how crisp the image is on that beautiful watercoloured panel and the banner tucked behind it looks great too :0)
    Apologies for my late visit, thanks for playing along this month, I hope you join us in July too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you did the coloring over the image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |