a good year for the roses

10 June 2014

Hi all! We had some glorious weather in France over the bank holiday weekend, hope it was good where you were too.

Today I'm back with a scrapbook layout that I created this weekend using the Studio Calico Camelot kit. And I finally got to use the wood circle piece that came with my Cuppa project life kit! Our roses have been fabulous this year, although they suffered a little with some high winds in May that brought the power lines down :(

Here's my layout, keeping it simple to focus on the flowers ~


I do love the vellum included in the kit and the plastic thickers have to be one of my favourites so far. And of course gold accents are really popular right now too. Here's a close up ~


Of course I thought of the song Elvis Costello when I was working on my page and had to make that the title. My journalling details the name of the rose, Sir Paul Smith, and that we imported it from England just after we moved here. 

I'm hoping to get another layout completed this week about my new car as I'm itching to play with the Mr Huey's ink dauber included in the kit and the stencil :) However I have a pile of ironing and I've just heard that we are adopting an abandoned kitten too!

Thanks for looking and have a great day.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |