Distress ink and embossing

20 March 2014

Hi and thanks for visiting. We are having some glorious weather in France this week, I hope it's good where you are too.

Today I am showing two cards that I made after watching this awesome video tutorial by the amazing Emily Leiphart.

The first one I created with this week's Case Study Challenge in mind. Our muse this week for Challenge #183 is Joni Nina Andaya, who is new to me (well most people are!) but I am liking her style! My card draws on her oval opening and lovely detailing combined with a simple sentiment. Here is my take ~


And here is a close up of the frame ~


For this one I heat embossed the stamped frame from Paper Smooches with clear embossing powder on to water colour paper. I then die cut it using the matching die. Then I applied Distress Inks and finally spritzed it liberally with water. The results are amazing - so glad I discovered this technique ! I finished the card with some simple sentiments stamped in Hero Arts Silver shadow ink - the Celebrate comes in the same Paper Smooches set as the frame and the *Have a Happy Birthday* is from Clearly Besotted Stamps. Finally I added some candies and sequins.

I am also entering this card into this weeks Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Anything Goes




My second card using the same technique was inspired by the March Mood Board over at Life.Paper.Scrapbook. This time I chose my Distress Inks from the colours on the board. Here is my card ~


This card was created using the Studio Calico March card kit add on *Water Cooler*. I also used a notebook edge die from Clearly Besotted Stamps. Here's a close up of the details ~


This time I used white embossing powder for a crisper look.

Really enjoyed this two challenges this week, thanks for looking.x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |