cards | love | part 3

7 February 2014

Hello today from a very wet France! With Valentines Day fast approaching and having been totally inspired from the Stenciled class, I have been making some quick and fun cards.  I have a total of five to show you today :)

I watched this tutorial by Shari Carroll on the SimonSaysStamp blog on how to make a box card. I do have a BigShot machine but I thought I could use my Silhouette to cut the hearts and template and this is what I came up with ~



I used the gold foil adhesive to cut the three hearts and the phrase that I created using the text option in the Silhouette software.

Secondly, using the negative space from the hearts cut for the above card, I constructed this very simple and quick card. I layered the gold foil on cardstock to give it some dimension. The patterned paper is from Maggie Homes *flea market* for Crate Paper ~




The next card was inspired by this card by CT member Suzy over at Studio Calico. I created my background using a mask and distress inks. I then stitched a sheet of vellum over the top to soften the effect and embossed a sentiment ~





My last two are based around this awesome tutorial by Laura Bassen ! I love shaker cards so much ! Again I didn't have the die but used my Silhouette Cameo to make a card the same size and I used the free font Lobster 1.4, which is similar to the Kelly Purkey die ~



My final card was based on the above and made with Valentines Day in mind. The cards that I made are the perfect size for Project Life pages too at 3 by 4 inches ~



To finish the card I added a gold rub on sentiment from Pebbles and some candies by Queen&Co. Finally I added *Wink of Stella* to the love sentiment.


I hope you liked all these cards, have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |