project life 2014 | week 3

22 January 2014

Week 3 is here and I took some time over the weekend to create a unique title card.

Here's a quick tutorial of how I created it.  First I painted watercolours on to heavy card stock and let this dry completely. Then I added a thin layer of gesso and then quickly placing a stencil over the top and wiping away the gesso to reveal the paint. When this was completely dry I trimmed down the cardstock and then stitched this onto a plain 4x6 card and added my embellishments.



The arrow, the star and the number are from my Freckled Fawn monthly OhDeerMe kit, the striped candies are from Skipping5 and the alphas are from Heidi Swapp.  I was really pleased with the outcome as I had picked out some pink filler cards for the left hand side with some more muted pink and light green colours for the right hand side of the spread.

Here's the double page spread ~



Left side ~



Right side ~



Zachary won his first football medal and proudly took it to school to show his friends ! Molly lost a tooth, I made some cards and Noah made a little scrapbook too for his memories.

My filler cards and embellishments are from Studio Calico Blue Note and Cuppa project life kits, Freckled Fawn's OhDeerMe monthly kits, Elle's Studio tags, stamps from Studio Calico, Chic Tags, CitrusTwistKits and glitter words from Heidi Swapp.

The calendar card is by Paislee Press and I added a freebie month script by Caylee Grey in PSE.

Thanks for looking and see you next week.x

As normal I am linking to the blog by Jessica Turner | themomcreative.com and her Project Life Tuesday link-up series.

4 comments:

  1. Love the flow of this week! I hope to learn to make my flow better, but right now I'm just happy to be documenting our lives! (popping over from PL Tuesday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed looking at all your pages. REALLY loving all the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout this week! Love all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww!! I ADORE this all!! and the title card is so perfect!! just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |