project life 2014 | week 2

17 January 2014

So here we are with the first full week of the year and my first double page spread.

To start off the week we had snow, which was a surprise and Molly took the opportunity to build a snowman in the morning. In the afternoon the snow had pretty much melted so I'm glad I took a photo when I did ! Monday was back to school after the Christmas break and the weather was incredibly mild. Wednesday afternoon was above 10 degrees Celsius - in January - in the French Alps ! We also had a gorgeous sunrise one morning over the mountain behind the house. I finished up my December Daily album, thoroughly enjoyed my first time participating and definitely plan to do it again this year.

I saw an idea in the Studio Calico gallery about taking a landscape photo once a month and seeing how the seasons change the view, so I snapped one for January and journaled about it. My husband had the week of work and so trees were pruned and hedges were laid. Finally I created a filler card around my OneLittleWord for 2014. I have chosen Balance and look forward to exploring this further during the course of the year.

My pages ~




And as a spread ~





This week I created my pages using cards from the CitrusTwist monthly pocket life kit and Studio Calico Project Life kit. I also used tags from Elle's Studio and embellishments and stamps from Freckled Fawn, Evalicious and Echo Park. I also used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some feathers for the stamped card on the right hand page.

Thank you for reading and see you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Great spread! I love the idea of taking a landscape photo once a month to show the changes throughout the year. Would be fun to see them all together in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the white space, it makes your pictures really pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |