{13 - 19 october 2013 | week 42 }

3 November 2013


It's week 42 !






What happened this week ?

I had noticed that my photo were becoming few and far between due to a busy schedule, and promised to make amends. Well here goes !

There was an agricultural fair on Saturday at a local village that we like to attend due to the lovely handmade/hand grown produce and products on sale. The children enjoyed looking at the livestock show and Zachary got to sit in a big tractor! Zachary is busy practising his football skills at every opportunity. 

The leaves are changing colour, we had a cold snap last week and this week I can see the trees on the mountain behind our house changing colour daily.

I did some letterpress crafting and silhouette cutting - a brilliant file by Shanna Noel for Studio Calico. I cut it in gold glitter card stock and included it in my spread - love it!


Left side ~





Right side ~




Details ~







Techniques used ~

I used my letterpress to make the title card, week number card and another filler card.  I used my Silhouette Cameo as detailed above and also cut some more *autumn* cuts from my Silhouette to include as embellishments. 

Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 18 iPhone and one Instax mini8 (all photos taken by me)

Supplies used ~ Studio Calico Antiquary Project Life kits, OhDeerMe monthly kit, EllesStudio Monthly tags, ChicTags journalling tags, Shanna Noel for Studio Calico Cut file, Tracy Larsen PSD templates, My Minds Eye enamel dots, Skipping5 puffy stickers, Basic Grey journalling stickers, Jillybean soup stickers, Freckled Fawn gold arrow and woodchip heart, Studio Calico cork sticker

Tools used : Becky Higgins Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, {Tim Holtz} tiny attacher, {amy tangerine} stamp, {Lifestyle Crafts} letterpress platform, Sissix {Big Shot} machine, Remington Rand vintage manual typewriter, Silhouette Cameo. All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam app, or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock, Becky Higgins cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, for remembering to take so many pictures this week! Looks great! I really like the look of the simply white templates with rounded corners. I bought the straight edges, but every time I look at your pages, I consider getting the rounded corners :) Looks like you had fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Fiona, i do love the rounded corners - when i get a straight card it is hard work not to round it !

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous page! I love all the white you used, I definitely make sure to always have at least a few white based cards in my spreads...it makes for such a cleaner look!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda - the templates by Tracy are brilliant for keeping a clean background.x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |