{29 september - 5 october 2013 | week 40 }

14 October 2013

It's week 40 and it's my birthday week !






What happened this week ?


I finished knitting a pair of socks for my Mum's birthday later this month and used my Silhouette Cameo to make her a card too. I also made a filler card for this week using the same principle. I celebrated my birthday, the children made me some interesting wooden items that are now proudly on display in the kitchen. I had some chocolates, which we all enjoyed eating but my main presents I'd already had from my generous husband, my MacBook Air and my Cameo :)


Left side ~



Right side ~



Details ~




Techniques used ~


Not many photos being taken at the moment as the children are now back at school. This is something that I must be more aware of, but at the same time not worry too much as I have lots of pretty filler cards !



I used a wood veneer from Studio Calico to make an insert card that used embossing powders. I also did some stitching on a tag from Amy Tangerine that was part of my Studio Calico project life kit. I used my Cameo to make a filler card. I included the *sprinkles* that my sister included in my birthday card, using a pocket that contained other sequins from Studio Calico and I created a little banner using wood veneers from Dear Lizzy and jewels from my OhDeerMe kit. There is some journaling down the side of my birthday photo, I have just removed it for privacy purposes (I should say that I am not 3, that is the date of my birthday !)

Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ all iPhone (all photos taken by me)

Supplies used ~ Studio Calico Project Life kits, OhDeerMe monthly kit, Tracy Larsen PSD templates, Basic Grey {capture} journaling tags, My Minds Eye enamel dots

Tools used : Becky Higgins Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, {Tim Holtz} tiny attacher, {amy tangerine} stamp, {Lifestyle Crafts} letterpress platform, Sissix {Big Shot} machine, Remington Rand vintage manual typewriter, Silhouette Cameo. All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam app, or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock, Becky Higgins cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner.

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous spread! Love all the filler cards and the collected birthday confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color that really ties this week together. That yellow is so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Heather, sometimes I'm wary of yellow but I love it with the golden colour.x

      Delete
  3. I always love looking at your pages. So much white space and soft colours. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love all the white + your style is so gorgeous. Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |