{4 - 10 August 2013 | week 32}

11 August 2013

It's week 32 and the summer left us for a little time this week, the weather brought us lots of much needed rain !



What happened this week ?

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this week - how time flies ! I gave my desk area a much needed tidy and clean, and mean to try and keep it this way. We made redcurrant sorbet with our own freshly picked redcurrants, I adjusted the recipe to lower the sugar and dilute the taste for the children and Zachary in particular. My Enyo (ball jointed doll) arrived that I had ordered in December, she is beautiful - well worth the wait. 

On Wednesday I took the children back to Chanaz to look around the Museum and Windmill and we narrowly missed being caught in a storm ! Thursday saw us shopping again at the local market for our cheeses and Friday we went to get all the school stationary items for September. Nat picked up a new Orpington cockerel on Friday afternoon, we have named him "Frederic". He replaces Cedric, who had to be put down whilst Zachary was at Lyon.

Left side ~



Right side ~




Techniques ~

This week saw the start of the Studio Calico {toolbox} classroom. We were learning digital techniques with Shanna Noel, and I really enjoyed this. I have only recently started using PSE and it was great to learn new tricks and tips. We were given a chevron template to use with the class, which I had lots of fun with :)

Details ~





Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 4 to 0 (all photos taken by me- although there is a DSLR photo on my {toolbox} layout)

Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Seafoam core kit, septemberblue weekly number card, paislee press templates and downtime, tracy larsen week in review, studio calico July {valley high} project life kit and digital stamp, elise cripe for Studio Calico digital stamp, nettio designs weekly template and brushking free digital brush

Studio Calico cork sticker and wooden hearts, Basic Grey alphabet, Freckled Fawn enamel drops and stars

Tools used : Becky Higgins Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, {Tim Holtz} tiny attacher. All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam app, Rhonna designs app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock, Becky Higgins cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner

Studio Calico is a great source of {project life} goodies, use this link to gain 500 points to redeem on future purchases when you take out a monthly subscription to their kits :)

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Mom Creative. These are just gorgeous! Love the color and texture and the white backgrounds. Really nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! I like the combination of text and pictures you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are gorgeous! I love all the white space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |