{11 - 17 August 2013 | week 33}

19 August 2013

It's week 33 and we're still having lots of summer holiday fun !



What happened this week ?

We finally got our tractor lawnmower back after weeks at the repair shop! France shuts down over the summer holidays so we had a wait whilst it was repaired, but now the grass is cut it looks stunning.  Poor Frederic has been taken by a fox. We are not sure how the fox got entry into the pen inside another pen, but there is no sign of Frederic. Nat and Zachary have been working this week at reinforcing the cage for the next inhabitant.

We took two of our classic cars out of the garage to start working on them, unfortunately the Citroen 2CV is going to need a new floor pan, more time and money than originally planned. However the Citroen Dyane is perfect now it has a new battery so in the next weeks it will get a certificate to say it's road worthy and insurance and I will be back driving it again. One day my Volkswagen Beetles will be out and working !

My Toolbox class is continuing, this week is {mixed media}. I produced a 3x4 and 6x4 card using the techniques taught using gesso.

I found a bargain working vintage typewriter on eBay and that arrived this week, just awaiting a new ribbon to be able to use it in my scrapbooking.

We went out for a family lunch on Friday at Panoramic, which has gorgeous views overlooking the Lac du Bourget.

Left side ~


Right side ~



Techniques ~

With the techniques learnt in my Toolbox class I created a couple of cards for this week's layout using watercolour, gesso and masks.  I did the normal Photoshop editing.

Details ~





Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 8 to 2 (all photos taken by me)

Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Seafoam and Honey core kits, septemberblue weekly number card, paislee press calendar, templates and presslines 18, tracy larsen week in review and psd templates, studio calico July {valley high} project life kit and digital stamp, cathy zielske psd photo template, ronnie for studio calico digital stamps, nettio designs weekly template and brushking free digital brush, toolbox psd chevron template

Studio Calico wood alphas, gold star and Atlantic stamp, Freckled Fawn washi tape, love arrow, typewriter flair, My Minds Eye enamel drops, Tsunkineko inks

Tools used : Becky Higgins Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, {Tim Holtz} tiny attacher, {dear lizzy} date stamp. All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam app, Rhonna designs app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock, Becky Higgins cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner

Studio Calico is a great source of {project life} goodies, use this link to gain 500 points to redeem on future purchases when you take out a monthly subscription to their kits :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of your layouts. I've been obsessed with water color lately; never thought to use it in PL. Lucky you to have a typewriter! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light and bright layouts. The cards you made in your toolbox class are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |