{23 - 29 June 2013 | week 26}

1 July 2013

It's week 26 and halfway through the year already ! Our colour scheme this week follows the traditional colours of the Seafoam kit ~



What happened this week ?


The children had their school end of year {spectacle} last Saturday but I have included it in this week as they wanted to write some journal cards. Zachary and Noah both chose to write in French, as this is the language that they speak at school. I wore some fabulous high wedge sandals and we had lots of fun !

I got a new lens for my camera, a {nifty fifty} 50mm fixed.  I popped it on for the first time and took a super photo of Zachary. I made my favourite French onion tart that we never grow tired of.  Another thing Molly never grows tired of is throwing stones in the lake and I snapped a few shots of her using the VSCO cam application.  I am really impressed with this app and all the different filters.  I have included eight additional photos from this afternoon in an insert page (not shown).

Noah spent the afternoon at the {big} school at Virieu le Petit with Zachary. He will start there in September and is very much looking forward to it. We finished the school week with excellent end of year reports :)

And on Saturday the 100th Tour de France started in Corsica. The finish line was moved as a bus got stuck, then the bus was freed and the original finish line was reinstalled and then there was a big crash with less than 3km to go. You have to love the drama of the Tour !


Left side ~



Right side ~




Techniques ~

More use of PSE as I find new techniques, I especially love the Compass template card (see below for details).

Details ~











Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 12 to 2 (all photos taken by me)


Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Seafoam, Midnight and Honey core kits and Rad Dad mini kit, septemberblue weekly number card, paislee press calendar cards and 4x6 psd template, Cathy Zielske {instagram} psd template and NSD freebie filler, design editor psd template, elise cripe digital stamps and Roundabout compass template by Catherine Davis via studio calico, freebie bokeh brush set via brush kingAli Edwards brushes, PersnicketyPrints freebie digital brushes, littlelifepieces digital stamp freebie.

Studio Calico {Sunshine in my Soul} sticker, gold star, bike and man wood chips, chipboard arrow and geotag, Freckled Fawn wood chips,  Artemio wood letters, Kelly Purkey white sticker letters, Glitz design rubber stamp, Memento ink stamp {peanut brittle}

Tools used : Design A and H pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, vintage {Singer} sewing machine.  All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam and Diptic app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

I use the {eurofurence light} font on my journal cards.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner

Studio Calico is a great source of {project life} goodies, use this link to gain 500 points to redeem on future purchases when you take out a monthly subscription to their kits :)

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful layout - I love how all the colors have a nice, calm feel and don't compete with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I adore the Happy Memories shots, they are magical.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |