{9-15 June 2013 | week 24}

17 June 2013

It's week 24 and this week we have spring green and pink as our colours



What happened this week ?


The swimming lessons continue and we stopped at the lake at Songieu again to throw some stones. We painted our pottery lamps we made during the school trip to Chanaz. I took some portrait photos of the children and pets for an insert page (not shown). I especially love the photo that I took of the chives growing in our garden and this helped me choose the colour scheme for the week too. I am trying hard to use the camera off the {automatic shooting} setting, so was pleased with the result of my efforts.

Inspired by other blogs that I read we created our {summer bucket list} of all the things we'd like to do. I am going to display these ideas (there are 20 in total) on individual cards on a board and add a photo each time we complete an activity. Hopefully at the end of the summer we will have a visual memory of our summer wishes.

Left side ~


Right side ~


Techniques ~

Again I modified some of the filler cards so they were closer to our chosen colour scheme.  Another reason for going with green and pink this week was because it finally felt like Spring, which is ironic as it's Summer next week ! I used papier calque for the Mother Teresa quote and last week's photo of the Church at Vieu can be seen this week also.

I started using the {Collect} photo app to record a photo each day and used the one of Tuesday to print out a journal card concerning Noah.

Details ~






Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 4 to 8 (all photos taken by me)

Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Seafoam and Honey core kits and Seasons mini kit, septemberblue weekly number card, uprintables "swamped" freebie card, ontobaby.com free nursery artwork, bananafish June printables, laurakateiscrafty freebie calendar cards and the36thavenue freebie Spring subway art. 

Studio Calico {Sundrifter} stickers, {Thickers} in Limeade chipboard and chipboard arrows. Artemio wood letters, PWI washi tape, Jillybean Soup pink alphabet stickers, American Crafts {Dear Lizzy} sticker and stamp, WRMK sweetheart inker {black}.

Tools used : Design A and I (not shown) pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder.  All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam, Collect photo or Camera+ app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock/papier calque or {Avery} classique photo paper.

I use the {eurofurence light} font on my journal cards.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As before I am linking to {themomcreative} an awesome blog by Jessica Turner, who kindly hosts other project lifers links.


6 comments:

  1. The green and pink looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I love your chives picture. I really need to learn how to use my camera out of auto mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore pink and green together and it works so very well in your layout. We are freezing over here - maybe Imust make a 20 things to doin the winter holidays list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - yesterday we were 33 degrees so really starting to warm up ! a bucket list for the winter holidays is a great idea !

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |