{2-8 June 2013 | week 23}

11 June 2013



Loving our colour scheme this week !

So what happened this week ?


Our week didn't start very brightly as our eldest son Zachary {age 9 and Type 1 diabetic} was poorly. We think that he had some sort of allergic reaction to lychees, as this was the only thing that he ate that other family members didn't.

On Monday we visited the fishing lake where Zachary is hoping to spend most of his summer, took some photos and did a little bit of exploring. We found lots of tadpoles !

On Thursday I had a little trip around the local beauty spots (natural and man-made)  and took some photos. I have started a little project, which I hope to finish in the next week or so and include as a insert into my {project life}.

The best end to the week - we got a new car !!

Left side ~




Right side ~




Techniques ~

This week I managed to get hold of some papier calque {tracing paper} and had lots of fun using this on my project pages. I tried to create a {layer} feel to some of the inserts. Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop on my computer (it's too old) so I tried to replicate the idea using this technique.

With my Canon EOS 40D I took a photo of the church gateway and tower at Vieu (in French). This church was constructed in the 12th Century on the site of a Roman Temple and has an unusual bell tower. I processed the image to black and white and then printed this onto the papier calque so that the white areas in the photo are transparent. I love this effect and will not put a card over this next week so that it can be seen from both weeks ~




I also printed other filler inserts onto the papier calque and placed these over other fillers and photos. You can see this on the following ~

Left top right photo half covered by {this photo it's my fav this week} ~




Left middle far left photo covering Zachary
Right middle left - sunburst on calque covers a Seafoam filler
Right middle right - {hello summer} covers a filler from Milestone Cards

Again I made a couple of moderations to the filler cards, changing some colours to keep them more in line with my colour scheme that I chose of black, white, yellow and grey.

I also included some extra information behind the photo of the sewing machine. This machine was my paternal grandmother's and I inherited it and treat it as a family heirloom. I used the sewing machine to attach the papier calque to the other photos/fillers. She is such a beauty that I had to include a photo of her !  Behind the photo are two tabs that read {pull}. The first shows a copy of the original purchase receipt from 1938. The second is a journal card, detailing more information about the machine. The use of tabs really appeals to me !

Details ~







Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 3 to 5 (all photos taken by me)

Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Midnight and Seafoam core kits, septemberblue weekly number card, alittlegraceandmercy June digital kit, persnickety prints chalkcard freebie, Kari Holt life quote freebie via Becky Higgins, Milestone Cards digital freebie via twopeasinabucket, laurakateiscrafty freebie calendar cards and valoriebrown designs freebie journal card. Studio Calico Thickers in White foam and Limeade chipboard. Glitz Design {sunshine in my soul} stickers.


Tools used : Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder, vintage {Singer} sewing machine.  All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam or Camera+ app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock/papier calque or {Avery} classique photo paper.

I use the {eurofurence light} font on my journal cards.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :)

Again I am linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your son was sick. Hope he's feeling better!
    Your layout is beautiful! Love the use of tracing paper and your tabs. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Zachary is back to normal ! I really enjoyed putting together this week too :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |