{16 - 22 June 2013 | week 25}

24 June 2013

It's week 25 :)


What happened this week ?

This week included Father's Day and all of the left side of the pages are dedicated to this.  The {today} journal card isn't blank but I've popped a blank one in there and also blurred the bottom photo, I'm sure you understand.

The sun finally arrived and I managed to snap a gorgeous photo of my daughter Molly blowing bubbles outside.  The first strawberries of the year were picked from the garden (and eaten pretty quickly !).  It was the last swimming session, the children have really enjoyed this activity and profited so much from the lessons.

And Photoshop came into my life in a big way this week.  I have enjoyed learning new skills.

Left side ~



Right side ~



Techniques ~

Well obviously Photoshop Elements 11 made a big entrance into my life ! I particularly love the brushes.

Details ~





Ratio of iPhone to DSLR photos ~ 6 to 1 (all photos taken by me)


Supplies used ~ Becky Higgins Seafoam and Honey core kits and Rad Dad mini kit, septemberblue weekly number card, paislee press {he} and calendar cards and 4x6 psd template, Cathy Zielske {instagram} psd template, laurakateiscrafty freebie father's card, design editor psd template, elise cripe digital stamps via studio calico, freebie bokeh brush set via brush kingAli Edwards freebie brush.

Studio Calico {Sundrifter} and {Here and Now} stickers, Freckled Fawn wood chips, Jillybean Soup Wise Words {joy}

Tools used : Design A pocket pages, {Fiskars} corner rounder.  All photos taken by me on either my {iPhone} using the VSCO cam, Collect photo or Camera+ app or my {Canon EOS 40D}. All photos printed at home on my HP Deskjet 3059A printer on {Rey} plain white cardstock, {Clairefontaine} grained cardstock or {Avery} classique photo paper.

I use the {eurofurence light} font on my journal cards.

Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. Each week I use photos and other bits to journal and document our everyday life.

Hope you enjoyed reading, see you next week :) 

As normal I'm linking to {project life tuesday}, the blog by Jessica Turner

Studio Calico is a great source of {project life} goodies, use this link to gain 500 points to redeem on future purchases when you take out a monthly subscription to their kits :)

6 comments:

  1. That bubble photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - i must have taken about 50 photos but that was the ONE ! and that's the beauty of digital photography :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous layout. That bubble photo is just WOW. Love it.
    That neat mosaic picture? I'm assuming it's a photoshop trick to blur out the actual picture. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and seriously that bubble photo is {straight out of camera} all i did was crop it slightly !
      Yes the mosaic is a trick - i select the area and then i make a {puzzle} out of the pixels in the selected area and then paste it back on top of the original photo. I like it because it keeps the same colours but just rearranges them :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, however we have a no spam policy so your comment will be published after moderation, thanks for understanding.x

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |